24 July 2014

Organizing my thoughts

Another fun filled week has gone by and it is time once again for an update on my life.

Woo Hoo!!!!!

On the game front, I did manage to work on it some this past week. I have started to flesh out more of the main quest line. I worked on a couple of new maps too.

Most of the week I did spend messing around with a new program that I thought might help me with my planning. It is called XMind. It is a mind mapping program that is suppose to help you organize your thoughts and help with brainstorming. Well, that is what the definition of mind mapping software says anyways. For me it hasn't helped too much. I have spent more time thinking about how I want the mind map to look like then I did about my project. I am not saying that the program didn't work. I seems to work good. I am talking more about the fact that mind mapping didn't seem to work for me. I have been doing just fine with jotting down notes.

That is why I am sticking with Evernote. I like this because I have it on my phone, my computer, and my tablet. I can jot down a note when I am at work and when I get home, I can pull it up on my computer and use it in my project. I also use it to make lists that I can set up either on my computer or phone and update them when I need to. But, like I said, that is what is working for me. As long as I make a note of my idea, I don't seem to have a problem remembering the connections.

I know I was suppose to do a review for Crusader Kings 2 last Friday. I didn't get the review finished yet because of the XMind thing. I hope to get on it and finish it this weekend so I can post it on next Friday. I will probably not get it done for this Friday though if I do, I will post it then and leave notice on my Google+ and Facebook accounts.

I have been thinking about starting up my Generation Demigod title again. I went to see Xmen: Days of Future Past yesterday and it got me thinking about a super hero storyline again. That always happens whenever I watch one of the super hero movies or read one of my comics. So, I may start working on that web series soon. Maybe. No promises. Not yet anyways.

Other than that, it has been a quiet week. Nothing exciting or terrifying happening (well, not to me anyways). So I will sign off for now.


Writer ya later.

No comments: