21 May 2014

Ramblings of a white man

Here I am, sitting in front of my computer trying to decide what to write for this weeks blog post. I know that I missed last week, but I was actually having a little trouble coming up with an idea to write about. Plus, I was also a little distracted with work, a sleep study (I have sleep apnea), and just being a father and husband.

Then this past weekend I came up with the idea to write a post about Comicpalooza, which is this weekend, and how it really got me back into reading comics again. (I still might do that.) But, as you can tell, I never actually wrote it.

Then this evening I sat down and started trying to read one of the Elric books by Michael Moorcock I checked out from the library. I say trying because as soon as I started to read my mind began wandering into what I have been thinking about as far as my own writing is concerned. Which lead me to realize it was Tuesday night and that I hadn't written a post for this week yet. I had thought about writing about Elric and my thoughts on my own writing or some such nonsense, but I almost went straight to bed. Instead, I made myself come over here and sit down and write something.

See, I had decided a while back that I was going to write a blog post at least once a week to try and help me getting back into my writing mind (as I like to call it). I decided that I would make these posts on Wednesday since I was also thinking of adding other specialized post later to other days of the week. But something else also came to mind. I didn't write that post about Comicpalooza for two reasons. First, I was at work at the time the idea came to me, but I could have jotted down notes on my phone since I have the Evernote app. And second, because it wasn't almost Wednesday. And that might be why I didn't write a post last week.

I didn't really think about what I wanted to write before Tuesday night and then pretty much stopped thinking about it after Wednesday. So I figure I need to change the way I think about this blog. Instead of trying to hold fast to the idea of posting only on Wednesday for my normal, ordinary posts, I need to post whenever an idea comes to me. I still am going to try to hold myself to at least one post a week, but the day is going to be open to interpretation.

I am looking to start doing my review posts on Fridays, but I haven't made myself to sit down and review something yet. It is hard for me to do a review. I feel that I need to be objective when I do a review and I find it hard to do that most of the time. Especially if I really enjoy the book/show/game/whatever. Which could also be another reason I haven't written anything in awhile.

I do have a tendency to over think things (just see this post for an example). I just need to work at not thinking too much and start doing somethings.

Gaaahhhh!!!!!

So, what do you think. Is a more thought out post better, or do you like the ones that are seemed to be written in the moment?

Well, I will work on it. Write ya later.

No comments: