09 August 2012

Poll results . . .

Alright, the results of the poll for which game am I going to do a character story on are in. And the winner of my first poll is . . . {que drum roll} . . .

Nobody! Ta Da!

That is right. There was no clear winner. In fact, there were only three votes placed in the last week. I was hoping for a few more since I posted (twice) to my Facebook account asking my friends and family to vote. But I guess they were all too busy with their own lives. Don't worry, I am not bitter about it. After all, it's not like I hang on every post they make. I guess it just goes to so you that most people on Facebook are your friend just so they can say 'Look at how many friends I have on Facebook!' But, truly, I am not bitter about it.

Anyways, now that my ranting is done. I would like to thank the three people who did vote, though I am not sure if they even read this blog. But I shall thank them anyways. And now I will reveal what the poll results are.

Like I said, I had three votes. One vote for Fable, one vote for Two Worlds, and one vote for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. See, no clear winner. Just a clear loser. Dragon Age: Origins didn't get any votes. Poor Dragon Age. Better luck next time. Yes, there will be a next time. After I complete the current game (I will tell you which one of the three it is, since I will be casting the deciding vote) I will run the poll again replacing the completed game with another choice. Most likely it will the sequel as I do have the sequels to all the games listed. And since I can't do this postings for all three games at once (well, I probably could but I don't think Sharrice (that's my wife for those of you who don't know) would approve of that, she says I play too much as it is) I will have to cast the deciding vote.

And I choose . . . {que drum roll again} . . .

Fable!

Congratulations Fable. It couldn't have happened to a nicer game.

You may ask what made me pick this one and honestly I am not sure. I had thought about which one I would chose after I received my second vote on Sunday. Fable is the one I decided to chose then, and I even worked on the beginning post since I have played it a bit. I had almost changed my mind this evening to Dragon Age just to throw you all a curve ball. But I had decided to go with whatever was chosen in the vote, and since Dragon Age wasn't chosen I stuck with my original decision. Incidentally, the first vote received was for Fable, so maybe that had a part in my decision.

So, I will use Sunday to play the game for a few hours, taking notes the whole time. I will then write up the entry as if my character was making an entry into his journal. Since it is Fable I am playing and I don't get to make many character choices at the start, just whether to follow the good or evil path during the game, I will make the first post of the story on Wednesday and follow that up every Wednesday until I am completed.

I am going to try to make another general post on Saturdays and I have even been toying with the idea of posting some reviews on another day. I hadn't decided much about these reviews mainly because when I am enjoying a story or movie or game or whatever, I get into this whatever and find it hard to keep a critical eye. If I am not enjoying it I don't always finish whatever it is. But I do need to develop my review skill, especially with the plans I have set before myself. So, I will probably try this. These posting will most likely come at least once a month. I am not sure if I can do once a week yet. We shall see what comes.

Anyways, I think I will end this post here. It has gone on long enough. I will see what I can come up with for Saturday (what was it I thought of last week, hmm, I will have to check the last post). But if not, be sure to check back next Wednesday for the first post in my Fable story.

Write you later.

No comments: