19 December 2011

The End of the World as I know it ... (Pt 2)

See, I told you I wouldn't wait a year for the next post. It is time for the next part of the post about ways I am changing my life. I know this is not very exciting to those of you who are reading this, but my hope is that by writing these changes down it will help me to actually go through with them. So, on to the next thing to change...my weight.

Yeah, I am going to lose me some weight. Hopefully I will lose about 60 lbs. I am trying my best to watch what I eat (cutting back on the quantities as well as improving the quality) and to work out.

I have started using the Wii fit plus to help me keep track of my progress. It is rather neat. It weighs you using the pad, and keeps track of your progress towards your goal. You set your own target weight and how long you want to take to reach it. The thing I dislike about it is that you are limited in how high and how long you set your goals for. For instance, right now I have set my goals to the max allowed (22 lbs in 6 months, which is losing a little over a pound ever 2 weeks if I remember right). Though, you can change your goals weekly if you want to. I am thinking of resetting my goal, but we will see.

You can even set how many calories you want to burn each day through the activities the program has. It has a vast array of activities to perform so you can do several each time you workout and not have to worry about doing the same ones over each day. It even has pre-programmed routines that you can follow or you can make up your own.

As far as my eating habits go, as I said before I am watching what I eat. I am trying to cut back on how much I eat at a time (and cutting back how many snacks I eat, I do love my ice cream). I am also attempting to eat healthier foods. Which means I am going to be cutting back on how much soda I drink (another favorite of mine).

There really isn't much to say about this change, so I guess this one will be a short post. I have one more in this series which I will try to post this weekend. I am not promising anything with Sunday being Christmas and all. But if not this weekend, then it will be early next week. Until then, have a Merry Christmas.

No comments: